Lates
Hi ya dad, How’re you today?
All’s well with me, I’m glad to say.
I slept so sound, I have no doubt,
No tossing or turning just thumb in mouth.
It’s great to see that when I call,
Yourself or Mom come up the hall.
And just for ye I give a smile,
to say I love you and that’s no lie.
I know it’s time for me to eat,
a Weetabix or porridge in my own seat.
I’m a big boy now, I hold my own,
I make a mess but ye don’t moan.
And when I’m changed, you know I really
Love to sit and watch Cbeebies.
I play with my toys or roll around,
I can’t yet walk, I’m stuck to the ground.
Then it’s time for you both to go,
off to work with me in tow.
Up to the lads where I will play.
To you Mommy and Daddy, I want to say
I love you both and I am fine,
I’ll play and play and in a short while
You’ll be back again to bring me home,
giving the hugs and kisses I’ve come to know.
Back to my cot, home to bed.
Another world of dreams go through my head.
But I’m all tucked up, warm and comfy.
Happy in the knowledge, you both really love me.
By: Liam Murphy
Date: 31st
of July 2006.
Comments
Post a Comment