Lie-in
(my first ever poem!)
Well, here I am, just woken up,
I hear the gentle chorus just beside me.
My little boy is sound asleep,
and Mommy’s breath completes the sleepy melody.
It’s nearly 1, we should be gone,
away from this quiet haven to the bustle.
But I feel great although it is late,
listening to this chorus, Sure it’s no hassle.
My little angel’s gone far away,
He’s dreaming of his friends in Balamory.
His left hand moves to wave to them,
He has a starring role in his own story.
My darling wife is somewhere too,
maybe she’s gone to town to shop, I don’t know.
But she’s here with me and ‘Cutie Coo’,
I could not ask for more, now this I do know.
soon he’ll be sitting and pulling at this pen.
So I’ll give him a kiss, as he sleeps,
and tell him and Mommy I love them again.
I know it’s late but it’s really great,
To hear this soothing tune and know they love me.
No, I think I’ll go, back under the covers,
And join in their song of sleep and slumbers’beauty.
By: Liam Murphy
Date: Saturday, 29th of July 2006
Time: 1:11pm

Comments
Post a Comment