Skip to main content

Oh, little Butterfly

Oh, little Butterfly:

Fly away, oh little butterfly.
Flutter away along the breeze.
Go on away from peering eyes,
Seek shelter in the trees.
Menaces are all around,
Solely hell-bent on harm.
You must stay safe and sound,
Nestled safely in green arms.
Alas, wind eases, fly again!
Soar! Up to the warming sun.
Away from evil and it’s kin.
Fly ‘till the darkness comes.
Don’t look back, pray listen here!
You’ve waited for this day.
They cannot hurt you, have no fear.
Wings of blue, just float away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wander back in time

  A wander back in time: I awaken to a familiar sound, one from the depths of my youth. But how can I hear those old bells, that old convent is gone, that’s the truth! Hang on just a minute, where am I? Where is this place at all? What’s with the decor? Dated 80’s style. Last night, did I take a fall?   I go to the window and to my shock and surprise, a sight I know before me. Isn’t that the Fire Station as it used to be, when I was a kid in the 80’s? What’s going on? My mind is racing! I can’t make any sense of these things. One heck of a dream maybe? It feels so real, let’s see what a wander may bring.   I go down stairs and walk through the shop, “Well, God arose and appeared to many!” “Fine for some” says he. I smile but I’m rattled, that voice really is uncanny. I know that face and the smell of this chemists, how am I at Johnny Harnett’s? I bolt through the door, out into the street, how did I get myself into this fine mess?   I wonder what would happen if I cr...

Jack Ryan’s

  Jack Ryan’s   The end of an era in Abbeyfeale, a true landmark closes its doors. The time has come to say goodbye to a place that’s given us more.  More than mere nights out, a proper ‘local’ as long as I’ve known.  Jack Ryan’s has been my favourite haunt, no matter where I’ve roamed!   I remember going in there, for a first pint with some old friends. A pub of many along the street - ‘Pat Macs’ we called it back then.  A pint of black, your only man, the best pint that you could get. Then down to Little Nero’s, on Kebabs the change was spent!   Jack himself took over the bar, just over 20 years ago. Many’s a night I spent down there with my dear old Uncle Joe. Joe had his spot down by the bar, vacating only for a smoke. A one-liner and a chat for all, he really was a charming bloke.   I remember Mag and the girls aiming to drink the top shelf dry.  Until a knock came to the door, you could hear the collective sigh...