Stevie:
Time’s going by far too fast, where is my little boy Stevie?
Another summer draws to a close, the schools are back again.
My boy stands waiting for his bus, a dark figure in the rain.
But only yesterday we brought you home, that first time through
the door.
A dream baby and little boy, who could ever wish for more?
You loved the Crèche and making friends, Bob the Builder and the
toys
Your first day at big school - too cute, you smiled but made us
cry!
School plays and fun with your friends, never once I heard you
complain.
The most chilled out little boy, funny how some things never
change!
The best big brother you have become, a rock to us and the
boys.
‘Mr Dependable’ too for Grandad Pa, this I say with pride!
You have your work as well as school, you’re always on the
go.
To see you head to work, clean-shaven, really makes me feel so
old.
We’ve so much in common, there’s always time for a bit news or a
chat.
Please don’t ever get so busy, that you don’t have time for
that!
As we get ready to stand with Dan, on the biggest day of his
life.
I just want to tell you I’m proud of you and you’ve turned out
alright!
Let’s have a beer to celebrate, I’m glad to have you by my side!
Though you tower over me, you’re still Stevie - my little boy!
By: Liam Murphy
08/09/2021

Comments
Post a Comment