Will you be my friend, Daddy?
‘Will
you be my friend, Daddy?’ My boy Ronan asked today.
‘Of course I will,
my little man!’ Was all that I could say.
With that he held
on to my hand, as we both walked up the hall.
Paw Patrol or
Blippi the viewing choice of one so small!
He played his first
‘match’ yesterday, my heart just burst with pride.
He loves going up
to rugby with me and next thing he’s gone from my side.
He has made new
friends and is just stone mad about all of his coaches.
‘Go forward and
pass the ball backwards’ the mantra springs from many voices!
For a boy just of
four and a half, he really melts my heart.
A sweet or crisp
without hesitation, he would gladly part.
Always smiling,
giggling, having fun or playing with our puppy.
A pure character,
the baby of the house, to love him we are so lucky.
But time is going a
little too fast, I want it to slow down.
I may smile and
have fun with you but inside there is a frown.
I want you stay
this age, no spots, beard or broken voice.
If we could stay
here in this time, that would be my choice!
But alas you are
growing up, time stands still for no man.
I snap out of this
daydream and ask you to say it again.
‘I love you, Daddy’
he says to me with his mommy’s smile.
‘I love you too my
little boy’, and sit and watch his shows for a while.
‘Enjoy them while
they’re young’ sound advice proven so true.
Before you know it
he’ll be in a uniform and heading off to school!
Until then I still
have my little boy, so let’s just chill and watch TV.
And spend some
quality time together, just my little man and me.
By: Liam Murphy
03rd of
November, 2021
Dedicated to Ronan,
aged 4 ½

Comments
Post a Comment